Friday, January 02, 2009

Ongoing DotNetNuke 5.0 Merge Grief...

As part of trying to move this RunSaturday code from 4.9 on my dev box to DNN 5.0 on a GoGrid virtual server.... I've stumbled across all sorts of DNN and ASP issues - on the negative side, this is quite dull... on the plus side, it's all still learning....

So I've carried on and I stumbled across an error "Unknown server tag 'asp:ListView'"

Looking through the ASP.NET forums this seemed to indicate that I hadn't quite correctly ported the DNN web config file correctly to 3.5 from 2.0.... but it looked OK... eventually WinDiff (WinMerge) showed me what was wrong... I was missing this line from the <controls> section of web.config:

        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting" assembly="System.Web.DataVisualization, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

No comments:

Post a Comment