Thursday, January 08, 2009

Why can I not send mail from my GoGrid Server?

After lots of debugging I eventually found this in the GoGrid KB...

Why can I not send mail from my GoGrid Server?

Outbound e-mail doesn't reach its destination, or is rejected/dropped by default. GoGrid has an access-list at the router which prevents outbound SMTP (a.k.a. the e-mail port). This configuration is intentional so that GoGrid can monitor and effectively combat SPAM (unsolicited e-mail).

In order to have this block removed, you must submit a Support case to GoGrid Support requesting SMTP access. GoGrid Support will reply with a questionnaire which must be filled out and returned.

1 comment:

  1. GoGrid could have told us.

    Besides, I managed to send some emails this morning, then, after a while nothing ...

    How comes ?

    ReplyDelete