This walkthrough provides a second example of using the MvvmCross Nuget packages to create a new app.
It repeats many of the steps from yesterday, but also adds:
- the use of IoC to create a Service and to automatically inject that Service into the ViewModel constructor
- the use of Slider (Windows), UISlider (iOS), and SeekBar (Android) in databinding
- some simple use of the Android designer to create a UI - you'll quickly see that I'm not a power user of this designer :)
The code is up on:
To use this code, users will need to:
- install Visual Studio 2012 - Pro - or higher
- install Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS
- install the PCL reference assembly XML files - see notes in http://slodge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/my-current-pcl-setup-in-visual-studio.html
- install the Beta of NuGet 2.5 - https://nuget.codeplex.com/
The video is:
Sorry about the indecision between int's and double's at 4 minutes in :) Not feeling very decisive this morning!
For a longer (and slightly-out-of-date) TipCalc tutorial, try http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/566191/MvvmCross-v3-Writing-a-First-App
Previously in N+1:
- N=0 - a first application - http://slodge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/n0-first-mvvmcross-application-n1-days.html