One thing I'm worried I may have mis-stated recently is the binary compatibility of portable class libraries right now.
It is true that I've successfully used the portable Newtonsoft JSON.Net as a binary across a lot of platforms - and it's worked well for me - that's what I meant to state.
What I shouldn't have implied was that all portable binaries will work well for you - they won't... not yet...
For mvvmcross binaries, in particular, please do *not* try to use the MvvmCross dlls built on Windows (for WP, WinRT and MonoDroid) on the Mac for MonoTouch. These sadly, don't work, because:
1. There are often problems at build time - with 'reference assemblies' that MonoTouch MSBuild doesn't yet understand
2. There are then problems at run time - with things like mscorlib issues (see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14193608/ios-black-screen-and-missingmethodexception-method-not-found-system-type-op-e)
Instead... you must build the portable libraries for MonoTouch instead....
If you don't want to build - if you want an unofficial set of debug binaries instead... then today these sit in a skydrive folder: http://sdrv.ms/URCbYN - note that there are two portable folders: portablePC for VisualStudio projects and portableMac for iOS MonoDevelop projects.
Some new year's resolutions for you:
- I will try to work on getting official releases of mvvmcross out and published
- I will try to get these released via nuget too
- I will keep reporting issues to MS and Xam about PCLs - in the hope this leads to better and better support.